Sunday, 15 July 2012

Day 11 : Richmond, Vancouver - Seattle, Washington

(This entry is actually yesterday's entry because I didn't have time to type it last night).
We woke up and left the hotel. I will miss that hotel a lot,
mostly because there were a lot of Canadian TV channels that
I particulary liked (JustforLaughsTV).

The lobby was filled with a bunch of Thai school students that looked like
they ranged from my brother's age to a High school senior. All I can say
is that my school looks pretty suckish compared to that! We never take
field trips to another state....let alone another COUNTRY! (then again,
those kids must all be filthy rich; it was probably paid for by themselves...)
Moving on from that madness!

We stopped by one of the malls again and bought some desserts and last minute
stuff. We bought some eggtarts, and I even got my french macaroons! :D They're kind of
expensive though, at $1.05 a piece.....I bought 6 for $6.99. =_= (Mom ate one
and thought they were okay but not anything extroadinary, but I really liked it!)
I also ate an egg tart haha. We also bought a piggy cake for my brother, and a
ducky cake for me! THERE WAS A TOTORO CAKE TOOOOOO!!!!! :D (but it was $26.00,
and I'd be too scared to eat such a cute thing).

And then it somewhere around that time that I decided that if I ever got a Chinese boyfriend
who spoke cantonese too,it would be bliss to walk around Asian malls and talk completely
in Cantonese to each other, the vendors, etc.(yes, folks. That is my dream. Laugh all you want HAR HAR HAR HAR).

When we finally arrived at Seattle's China Town, I guess that the area was having some kind of
Dragon Festival that they do every year. I personally didn't think that it was anything ultra
special....it was just there. Although....I did see some....people..

I saw a few cosplayers here and there near some japanese grocery shops and food courts
and along the China Town area. Personally, I felt kind of....awkward and weirded out by it all.
I mean, YES I love anime art and stuff, but for the past half year and so, I've been more
open and exposed to other entertainment like Korean and Taiwanese dramas and haven't really
watched any anime at all, whatsoever. xD So it was just kind of all of a sudden.

Don't get me wrong, though! Cosplayers are brave people, and I salute them completely;
especially walking around in public when there isn't a con going on, and just a street
with vendors. I just felt weirded out probably because I wasn't with my anime-enthusiast
friends, and because I had taken a long break from anime to get some air. (with korean
dramas and K-pop!)

But it was today that I realized that....
-is what I felt today, what more quiet spoken anime enthusiasts feel when they see
cosplayers out of nowhere?

Maybe I just worry sometimes that people who don't know what anime is will associate
everyone who watches and likes anime 'freaks' because they judge on first-appearance.
Probably. Then again, it's just me overthinking it...I guess. xD But I will cosplay
in a few months at a con soon, so.... 0_0
Sorry for the Blabbing, but one can not help it sometimes.(But I did see a Miku, a SailorMoon,
and someone from Blackbutler...xD)

MOVING ON!!

My Aunt Linh and Uncle Don met us at the parking lot, and our almost 3 year old cousin,
Isabella, was sleeping peacefully in their car. We drove about 50ish miles or so, and got
to Snowqualmie Casino; where they had a buffet. We walked past the casino first; and all
I can say, is that I just don't get it. What's so fun about sitting at a machine and pulling
a lever to make the slots move? I get that there's a chance you can win and lose some,
but sitting at a machine? REALLY? =_=
If you made me gamble or waste away money in a casino (worst case scenario!) then
I would play poker or blackjack or something against ACTUAL PEOPLE and not a freaking
machine. Then again, the smoke is so bad in the casino area, I just don't want to
go at all.

The Buffet line is super long, and I sat on the side...no MP5 or anything. Just a
shy toddler cousin Simon was trying to play with. The line took about
30 minutes to 1 hour, but it felt more.

The Buffet was really good, though. I ate a lobster tail dipped in butter, and it
was the best lobster tail I had ingested my whole entire life. No kidding!
That lobster tail is good stuff, folks. I also had some roast beef, and some
clam chowder. That clam chowder was really good...it got me out of the
'Canned Clam Chowder Makes Me Wanna Barf' phase.

I grabbed a fruit tart, but Isabella wanted it, so I gave it to her. xD
We went to help Isabella get some jello and stuff, and she wanted a slice
of watermelon, so Simon put it on her plate. In about a minute, she took
the watermelon off her plate and handed it to me. xD

And then LATER, I also went to grab a Lemon Meringue Tart (something like that),
and Isabella wanted to look at it, so I gave it to her. xD
Then she took a fork and stabbed at the lemony part and gave me the fork. xD
(The fork had three...3 pokey parts and was small! SO WEIRD!!)

I went back and decided to get a cheesecake because I didn't want to look
weird asking for the same dessert over and over again. :'D
The guy that got the cheesecake for me was my definition of a SHUAI GE! (For those of you
that don't understand, GOOD!) He told me that he picked out a piece from
the top that wasn't crumbled (He didn't have to tell me, LOL).

Before we left the buffet, I said to our waitress (who I didn't
realize was Korean until my mom eventually pointed it out)
"Sugohaseyo! Cheongmal Kansahamnida!" (and kind of bowed, because I'm lame like that)
[It means 'Goodbye/Work hard!' and 'Thank you very much!']

Then we went home with Uncle Don and Auntie Linh and slept over at
their house. (Isabella is a late night baby. She doesn't sleep
and is never tired, I SWEAR).

Anyway, here is my Doppelganger's list: (Complete strangers who look like someone you know)
Bailey Doppelganger: Founded at Supermarket (Jasper, Canada)
Kofu (Mom's Brother; My Uncle in China): Founded in Richmond, Vamcouver. In his next life, he
will work at a meat/BBQ pork and duck shop
The guy in 'The Greatest Love' and T-ara's MVs : (Same place as Doppleganger Uncle). Hun Shuai-eh! xD
Okay, that's all for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment