Woke up this morning, said goodbyes to Auntie Linh, Uncle Don, Little Isabella, and soon-to-be-coming-Jacob, and headed out for three hours to Portland, Oregon. In the morning before we left, my mom saw an elk, and two does. My mom was screaming and jumping around (not literally). They were in the big backyard, and my mom could not believe her eyes. Apparently, they were feasting on the homegrown berries and had jumped over a fence to get to them! Well, animals are animals.
We arrived in downtown Porland in about three hours, and we headed to POWELL'S BOOK STORE. It was as big as a city block (I'm not kidding, it literally IS!), and I picked out another DIY book for a cheap 10 bucks (cheap in my opinion because DIY books are hard to come by at a price as low as that!)
They had so many different books, and even labeled the rooms and sections different colors. I was in the orange room mostly, and I saw a lot of good buys. But then again, I'm sad because I won't see this kind of bookstore again :( But I'm glad that I don't live in Oregon because it rains too much here and it can really make a person down. D: (Plus, I don't really like the Organ instrument too much, and the word Organ reminds me of Oregon).
I also have a complaint to file: Because the area was so big, sometimes, I saw couples in between sections kissing and holding each other like they were about to set off for sea for 50 years and never see each other again (it's possible because we're so close to the sea, but I digress!). PLEASE GET A ROOM. I'm here to look for books! Not here to see you guys get all....GROSS.
Anyway, don't let that stop you from going to awesome POWELL'S BOOK STORE, because the service there is so awesome! SO AWESOME! :D
We went off to Old China Town next. My mom thought it was the New China Town, because the entrance looked pretty new. But she was completely wrong. It was like a ghost town. All the resturants were dirty, and only three resturants existed that were still operating. It doesn't matter, though, because the food in those restaurants sucked, and they were expensive, anyway (it wasn't REAL aunthentic Chinese food!)
On our way walking back to the $5.00 parking lot that my dad was upset about paying for, we saw a lot of....things. Actually, I have quite a few.
-- When we walked out of the parking lot, I saw a woman walking on the other side of the street with a belly shirt. IT WAS DISGUSTING. SHE HAD A BELLY. I was scarred for life.
-- There was a weird mentally unstable lady who asked us if we took our picture yet, moved pasted our car and started mumbling and looking around, and then sauntered off like a mad woman. She looked like she was homeless.
-- We saw this weird guy with his jeans cut open on his butt area revealing his boxers. He was pushing a shopping cart with a bunch of stuff. I was scarred for life. Again.
-- After we saw the butt guy, we saw a bunch of shoes hanging around on the ground next to the curb. and then some more shoes a few feet away by the curb.
-- I saw a crazy old woman sitting on the side of the street with a carpet or some kind of cloth; smoking and talking to herself. She also repeatedly pointed to the sky, laughed, and continued to smoke and move her dazily crazed head everywhere. I was horrified.
THAT STREET IS CRAZY! NEVER GO THERE! NEVER ! NEVER NEVER EVER EVER!!!
AHEM.
The only good thing that came out of going to that China Town, was to find the addresses of restaurants in NEW China Town. Sometimes, new is always better.
We went to a small market, and then got recommended to go to the Vietnamese resturant next door. It was pretty freaking good....my second bowl of noodles, I mean. The first bowl was too spicy; and I wonder how I even got through 15 minutes of even trying to eat it. I eventually got a second bowl (the same one that Simon ordered). I drank so much water today....but it's okay. My lips felt like they were gonna fall off and disinigrate, but I did my best to stay strong (for about 10-15 minutes). They gave me the 2nd bowl of noodles, and didn't charge me for the first.
My dad tried the noodles, and sneezed. When my dad sneezes while eating something spicy, then it is SPICY.
We came back to the hotel, and I...well.
This might as well be my last journal entry. :)
I'm done writing after this; I mean, tomorrow is not going to be interesting enough to write down. I will be home tomorrow, back at home. Everything will be normal again.
Thanks to everyone who read my travel posts this time! I really appreciate every single one of you!:D
Stay tuned for my next post when I DO travel! :D
have a safe trip home
ReplyDeleteThank you! :) We will!
Delete