First thing in the morning, we traveled to Downtown Chinatown, and the first thing that I can definitely say, is that the first few hours being that town made me kind of sad...
There were a lot of beggars, and the building for the Salvation Army had a line of people that went past three buildings, and into an alley (that still went on a ways there). That made me not feel very fortunate for what I had, but also felt pity and a lot of sadness for the ones who had to struggle just to get something to eat or even stay warm. There was a guy standing outside one of the Chinese shops with a hat pointed out, and you have no idea how badly I fought with myself to give him a dollar or not. (You never know; it's not that I was selfish, but there were what if's like: What if he tries to grab my purse right after, etc.) But I did pray for him...even though I'm not necessarily religious and more agnostic.But at times, it's best to just pray for others and hope that their Savior will come and save them (sorry, I'm not here to get into religion).
We went into a small flea type of market (not your average 'flea market' that you would imagine in cartoons and stuff), and there was a DVD shop, and you would have got it right that we bought a ton of stuff! I got 6 CDs (No K-pop there, sadly.. :c ) and two more Korean dramas and my mom and dad mostly bought a whole bunch of other dramas and stuff for themselves! (So, HA! I didn't buy the most things today!!)
We walked some more and bought some other various items, and Simon even bought a freaking DOMO! But I guess he deserved it, because he hasn't really bought a thing since we got here...and he's been so patient with us, despite the fact that he hates shopping. I saw a bunch of Rilakkuma rements, but my mom wouldn't budge and wouldn't buy them for me!! D: Oh well, Simon said that he would buy the whole entire set for me when Christmas comes on Strapya anyway xD (If he doesn't remember, I will EAT HIS DOMO TOY!! D:)
We also went into bookstore, and I saw a lot of clay making books and stuff :'D
But it was so expensive that I ran out of the store crying and all the folks in the street were staring (just kidding, but I was kind of bummed).
Today, is National Nightmare for Father's Day. I always "borrow" money from the Bank of Dad, and Dad always feels like his heart is ripped out and complains all the time.. xD I saw a shirt in Jasper that said 'BANK OF DAD......My kids think that money grows on trees.'
Money doesn't grow on trees! In grows in wallets! ;D
After shopping for awhile, and buying more and more dramas laters in the day (I'm not done shopping for electronics yet! I have to find my korean CDs!!), we went to a Buffet where I stuffed myself so much that I thought my stomach was gonna explode. I don't think I've ever eaten so much seafood before at once...haha. And I also have started to get a liking for Sushi...so I suppose that's good. I want to try some Kimchi though; it's supposed to spicy, so I suppose I would probably like Korean food more than Japanese food?!
We left the buffet place, and I went into a book store called 'CHAPTERS', which I believe is the equivalent to the U.S. Barnes and Nobles store. Personally, CHAPTERS had so many sales ($1 - $5 on some pretty good bargain books), that I like is ALMOST (notice I said almost, folks) ALMOST more than Barnes and Nobles. But I like the Crocheting books and DIY section in B&N more. xD I bought two books for $2.10, and I am a happy camper! We also went to the market next door.
I also gotta tell ya; when we were in our last DVD store right before we went to Dinner, I saw a bunch of K-pop related concerts in a bin, so I bent down (crouched?) and for about 5-10 minutes, sat there looking through them (in the end, they were all about $5.00, and I didn't want to spend money on them...), and when I stood up, my legs ached like no other. My heart didn't die though, because I always went back to check on my parents' progress with their DVD looking, and then I would unconciously walk back to the bins, crouch back down, and start looking again (Not good!).
When we went to the market after CHAPTERS, if I bent my knees even a quarter of an inch, I would tremble! D: (I've had a similar experience in China with something else, but I will not...disclose that information).
Okay, this post with no pictures (You want me to carry my camera with me into stores and stuff?!?!) should make up for my exclusively short post yesterday. SEE YA TOMORROW!!
No comments:
Post a Comment