This is Jasper's star couple. They go everywhere together. Go smell flowers together, go walk on the mountainside, eat grass together, and poop together. They are a true couple.
When we got to Maligne Lake, we found out that we had to pay for a boat trip to see Spirit Island. So...we did. It was worth it though, and before the boat ride, Simon "chased" some geese around.
We took a walk before we boarded the boat, I'm just too lazy to post the pictures...and the mosquitoes, MAN! Don't get me started.
When we finally got on the boat, I thought it was cold. The wind was too strong, but I didn't want to be seen as a weakling, so I didn't say anything.... =_= I forgot my coat! :L The wind was strong, so I used reverse psychology to think that the wind was warm (hahaha). It sort of worked...I guess.
We stopped at Spirit Island after about 45 minutes or so being on the boat with other tourists. Spirit Island is pretty. But they only gave us 10 minutes to take pictures and then head back to the boat, so...!
As we went back to the dock where we left for the tour, the tour guide said that Marilyn Monroe had come to film a movie a long time ago here in this part of Jasper. He said that got kicked for 'indecent exposure'. (In those days, what would be considered as indecent exposure??) xD
As we left Maligne lake, we bumped into a Black bear before we got to Medicine Lake! I had never seen a live wild bear before!! It was cute.
Enough with the bear report, though! I'm sure that you guys don't think of it as a big deal xD
We went to Medicine Lake next, and here are some pictures! It was so pretty, and the background was quite nice. :)
After Medicine Lake, we headed to Maligne Canyon, and to be honest, it wasn't too bad, but there were TOO MANY MOSQUITOS!!!!!! My brother has 16 Mosquito bites, and I gained like 3 more.
Here are some pictures of the canyon before I get off topic, though.
We hiked for about an hour and then went back (TOO MANY MOSQUITOES!!)
We went back to Downtown Jasper and bought some bacon, a ring (for me) and two souvenirs of two animals that we saw today (Ram and Bear).
We also went to an icecream place, and I quickly realized that the store owners were Korean (The old ahjussi said 'Yogi, Yogi' to his wife; which basically means 'here or over here' in Korean ;D).
He left for a minute to go re-park his car, and his wife came to scoop ice-cream instead. When I received my order, I said to her, "Kamsahamnida!" (and sort of bowed).
She looked surprised (because I had been speaking Cantonese to my mom before I had ordered), and said to me, "Oh! How do you know?"
I only laughed and my mom said, "She always watches her Korean Dramas!"
Ahjumma only laughed back, smiling.
If you can't already tell, I want to learn Korean SO BAD! xD But I guess watching a lot of variety shows and dramas helps a little because if they repeat phrases a lot and you try to remember, they come in handy. :P
Anyhow, that's pretty much it! So excited to go to Vancouver tomorrow! SHOPPING FOR NEXT FEW DAYS!!!! :D
No comments:
Post a Comment